There are multiple sources of funding for prosthetics and orthotics. Custom orthotics and prosthetics are eligible for funding through the Assistive Devices Program (ADP). This is a branch of the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and can be accessed when you have a valid OHIP card, have long-term disability and require the device for daily living. This program may entitle you to coverage of up to 75% of the total cost. The remaining 25% is the responsibility of the patient. Many patients have work/private insurance that will cover the client portion of the cost.
Other sources of funding include:
- Workers Safety Insurance Board (WSIB)
- Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA)
- Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) – Department of Indian Affairs
- Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- Ontario Works (OW)
- Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities (ACSD)
- War Amps of Canada.
- Champs Program
- March of Dimes
- Easter Seals
We have billing privileges with all parties listed above. However, typically you must meet the requirements and qualify for the funding before being eligible. We are pleased to provide assistance with this process for you, as part of the service we provide. These funding sources may entitle the patient to partial or full coverage of the prosthetic or orthotic devices.
Foot orthoses are not eligible for ADP funding, however some of the other sources listed above may cover all or a portion of the cost of custom foot orthoses when a physician prescribes them. If a biomechanical and gait analysis is required to process your claim, we will provide this for you at no additional charge.